Here at Sync Dental Centres, we offer a host of straightening options to suit all your needs. We will give you the lowdown on some of the best teeth straightening (orthodontic) treatments on the market, so you are aware of what’s around. Then, book an appointment with our friendly team and the dentist can work out the best solution for you, depending on what needs to be achieved.
Invisalign is fast becoming one of the most popular invisible braces technologies in the world. It’s no surprise as it claims to have transformed over 12 million patients’ smiles across the globe.
One of the major pluses is that Invisalign is designed with comfort in mind. This means there are no wires and brackets, which can sometimes cause gum irritation. It can be used for a wide range of dental problems, such as gaps, teeth misalignment and overcrowding.
Invisalign Patient Journey
- Your patient journey starts with a FREE INVISALIGN CONSULTATION. At your initial appointment your orthodontist will assess your teeth and gums and make sure you are suitable for treatment. You will have a chance to explain what you hope to achieve from treatment. Your dentist will take scans and photographs. They will create a bespoke plan, making sure you are happy with the predicted results.
Invisalign’s clever technology means you can see how your teeth will look after your last aligner is worn. This is inspirational for patients when they realise, they will have the smile they’ve always wanted.
- Your fitting appointment is where our Invisalign specialist will ensure your clear aligners fit perfectly. To move the teeth into the desired position, the clear aligners need to be worn for a minimum of 22 hours per day. They can be removed for eating and drinking but you will see the best results if you wear them as much as possible. You will change the aligners to a new set every 2-3 weeks, and you will have check-up appointments throughout treatment.
The length of treatment depends on your individual case and how much the teeth need to move. However, most cases take between 6-18 months.
- Once your final aligner has been worn, you will be ready to show off your brand new, straighter smile. We will provide you with a retainer. This is recommended after all orthodontic treatments as teeth have a habit of trying to move back into the incorrect position. Wearing your retainer regularly at night will help keep them in place.
Fixed braces are a great choice for reliable and highly effective results. They are particularly good at correcting alignment issues and problematic bites. Brackets are fitted to the teeth and thin wires are held in place with elastics. The brackets can be metal or a tooth-coloured ceramic which is aesthetically pleasing.
Fixed Braces Patient Journey
- In your initial appointment, your dentist will examine your teeth and you can discuss in detail what you would like to achieve. Photos of your teeth will be taken, and a treatment plan will be devised that you are happy with.
- Once the braces are ready, your brackets and wires will be fitted. This may cause some minor discomfort for a few days but nothing that some painkillers wouldn’t help with. You will have dental appointments every 4-6 weeks where we can check the teeth are moving correctly. Regular hygiene appointments are necessary too to ensure your teeth and gums stay healthy.
- After around 12-24 months, depending on your individual case, your braces will be removed, and your new straighter smile will be ready to show off. We will provide you with a custom-made retainer which must be worn following treatment to stop the teeth moving back.
Six Month Smile
This innovative treatment can give you straighter teeth in around six months, hence its name! As well as being quick, these braces include clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires, so people will hardly notice you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment. The quick turnaround is due to the fact it works on just those teeth that show when you smile. The system uses low forces to move teeth nice and gently, focusing on how your teeth will look rather than the position of your bite.
Six Month Smiles Patient Journey
- During your first appointment, we will take scans and pictures of your teeth and carry out a full assessment. You will have the chance to chat through what you would like to achieve. The brackets and wires will be custom-made to fit you.
- Once the brackets are ready, we can attach the brackets to your teeth using a special dental cement and then add the wires. You will need to attend for a dental visit every 5-6 weeks to check progress and make any adjustments to the braces.
- As this treatment focuses on the front 6-8 teeth that show when you smile, it only takes six months. Then you can have the braces removed and get ready to smile! As with all orthodontic treatment, you will need to wear a retainer to keep your teeth in their newly found position.
If you are not happy with your smile, please don’t suffer in silence. You can give our friendly team a call on 01932 856541. Our experienced orthodontists are ready to transform your smile.